remind us of the catastrophic failures over the years:
- Imaging: Kodak & Polaroid
- Telecoms: Nokia, Blackberry and Motorola
- Retail: JC Penny, Blockbuster, BHS, Forever 21, Sears, Toys R Us, HMV, Virgin and Macy’s … the list goes on.
- Technology: Hitachi, Sony, Yahoo, Compaq, AOL, HP
- Transport: Concord, Delorean, GM and PanAm
- Banking: Lehman Bros, Anglo Irish, Northern Rock + 100’s more, not counting those rescued by government bailouts.
Let’s look at the latter — Banking — or the Financial industry: In the modern business world companies are overly occupied with results, revenues, profit,